New in 1.5.3
An Online Test
If you need a non-LGPL version
You Can Buy!
Tutorial Part 1
Tutorial Part 2
Tutorial Part 3
Tutorial Part 4
Tutorial Part 5
Tutorial Part 6
One fan of package pat was inspired to provide a better
grep utility. The improvements include:
If you would like to download this utility,
please do so here:
swinggrep.jar. This file contains the class files
from patbin15_118.jar. To use it, simply type
- Showing each file path only once, giving more
spaces for the lines found.
- Searching all subdirectories recursively (this
feature can be disabled with a checkbox.
- Highlighting every match in a line, not just the
- Better colors.
- Statistics about matches.
- Use of swing rather than awt for graphics.
- The ability to save results.
java -jar swinggrep.jar
Should you be interested in the source code for
this utility, you can download it here: